Pianos can be converted into many useful items.
- Many metal and wood parts can made into tools.
- A lot of the wood from a piano is from old-growth trees. Some are hard woods and some are soft woods, both good for carving and sculpting.
- Many of the metal parts are ideal for hooks and hangers. Action brackets make interesting hooks for hanging coats, hats, bathrobes, towels, umbrellas, tools, kitchen ware, and more.
- Much of the hardware can be re-used for other projects. There are hinges, props, locks, levers, latches, screws, wire, flanges, and springs that make excellent substitutes for store-bought hardware.
- Outdoors, garden planters are quite popular.
- Always useful are clocks and lamps